Monday, May 26, 2008

Kyoto Journal reviews Japanamerica

Kyoto Journal, the very elegant and lovingly designed publication produced in Kyoto and New York (try that on for trans-culturalism), reviews Japanamerica in their latest issue.

The prolific and protean Pico Iyer is a regular contributor, and their reviewer is exceedingly kind to me and the book. (Click on the above for a reading, under the title "Catching the Great Wave.")

One caveat: the photo is not of me, as I am not so muscular and have no such T-shirt. But it's a great photo by Matthias Ley (aka D.B. Cooper), snapped during one of two Tokyo release parties for the Japanese editions--and the broad-backed man and his T-shirt were and remain striking.

1 comment:

bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, cosplay, Japanese foods).
Please add this site to your blog roll.