Monday, June 15, 2009

Me and Utada Hikaru in JQ magazine

I used to hear trans-cultural Japanese soul-tinged pop singer Utada Hikaru's late 90's hit, "Automatic," in nearly every convenience story and supermarket I patronized during my first year as an adult in Japan. It's a somewhat nostalgic honor to now share the pages of the latest issue of JQ, the magazine of the JET Alumni Association of New York (JETaaNY), which can be found--with Utada gracing the cover--here: JQ

I was interviewed by the very astute Larry Heiman, also a writer, minutes after this spring's JET Alumni Author's Showcase and book-signing in midtown Manhattan. Hoarse voice and all.

3 comments:

ArthurFrDent said...

Both you and Utada's interviews are a good read... consider cross posting to ANN? I know there may be quite a few others who would read them but don't necessarily read your blog.

Roland Kelts said...

Thanks, and I'd be happy to cross post to ANN. Any tips on how to do so?

ArthurFrDent said...

Heh, dunno, figured you might have the contacts... you could probably just email one of the principles like Tempest [tempest@animenewsnetwork.com]... or you could make a forum entry. I would have done, but I figured the alumni association might want to know what their content is doing...